China, Sri Lanka to boost defence relations
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
China and Sri Lanka today firmed up their defence relations during a meeting of their top officials who pledged to make efforts to boost relations between the two countries and their militaries.
Chinese Defense Minister Liang Guanglie met a Sri Lankan delegation headed by Secretary of Defence and Urban Development Ministry Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
During the meeting in Beijing, they pledged to make efforts to boost relations between the two countries and their militaries, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Rajapaksa is in China to attend the 9th China International Aviation and Aerospace Exhibition to be held in the southern city of Zhuhai where China is exhibiting its defence equipment including its new attack helicopter and fighter jets.
Liang visited Colombo in September this year, becoming the first Chinese Defence Minister to visit the island.
Later, top Chinese Communist Party leader, Wu Bingguo visited the island during which 16 agreements had been signed focusing on infrastructure development in Sri Lanka including USD 760 million aid to help the island nation to become "Asia's miracle".
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held