Chinar sent to police custody till Jan 27
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: KXIP win toss, elect to bowl first
Chinar, the 21-year old who had allegedly kidnapped three-year-old Hermione aka Eddu from a hotel in Sector 22 was remanded to police custody till January 27. Also, the statements of the parents have been recorded with the magistrate under Section 164 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
The accused, Chinar, who was arrested by the UT Police from Panipat on Monday evening was produced in the court on Tuesday. Chinar, who herself is a mother of a three-year-old girl is a co-accused in the case. The police had sought a seven-day police remand for the accused while the court granted six days.
"We have to verify the call records of the accused. Also, the other two accused are yet to be arrested and there might be a chance that there are more persons involved in the crime. Also, the vehicle which was used by the accused is yet to be recovered," said Sub-Inspector Ram Rattan, In-charge, Police Post, Sector 22.
Also, the complainants in the case, Harish Arora and Priya Arora, parents of the child, were made to record their statements with the magistrate. A senior police official said, "The parents have narrated the entire episode, how it happened, to the magistrate. Both have recorded their separate statements".
Parents of colony number 4 protest outside DEO office