Chinese auto major Great Wall Motors looks at Gujarat for its plant
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Gadkari says there's casteism in Bihar DNA then retracts by saying he meant 'political' DNA
- At least Modi-led govt wonât be remote-controlled, says Anna
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: RCB recover after early strikes by MI
Chinese auto major Great Wall Motors (GWM) is exploring the option of setting up a manufacturing facility in Gujarat, an emerging automobile hub, a top government official said Thursday. "A GWM delegation had come to Gujarat a few months ago and explored the possibility of setting up a manufacturing facility in industrial zones like Dahej, Sanand and Halol," an official from industry department said.
Companies like General Motors and Tata Motors already have their facilities here. Besides, US auto giant Ford and Maurti Suzuki are in the process of setting up their plants. French auto major Peugeot Citroen had also announced plans to set up a plant in the state, but the process has got delayed due to economic slowdown in Europe.