Chinese man whips his son to death for bad behaviour
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
A Chinese man has been arrested for allegedly whipping his 6-year-old son to death after the boy's teachers complained that he was extorting money from classmates.
The father, Zheng Junpeng, a native of Shaanxi Province, said teachers kept reporting to him that his son, identified as Jiahao, often beat his classmates to extort for money after he entered the school in September, Longgang District police said.
Zheng said he whipped his son for about half an hour when his wife was away at work that day. Then he put the boy to sleep at 11pm. He didn't notice anything abnormal until 2am when he found the body of Jiahao was turning cold. He turned on the light and saw the boy's blood seeped through his clothes.
Despite emergency treatment, the boy was pronounced dead at the hospital. Zheng was sorrowful and regretted his action.
The father had tried to discipline his son in the past, but to no avail and his patience wore out when a teacher complained again last Friday.
"The child is gone. It's meaningless to say anything," he said.