Chinese man whips his son to death for bad behaviour
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
A Chinese man has been arrested for allegedly whipping his 6-year-old son to death after the boy's teachers complained that he was extorting money from classmates.
The father, Zheng Junpeng, a native of Shaanxi Province, said teachers kept reporting to him that his son, identified as Jiahao, often beat his classmates to extort for money after he entered the school in September, Longgang District police said.
Zheng said he whipped his son for about half an hour when his wife was away at work that day. Then he put the boy to sleep at 11pm. He didn't notice anything abnormal until 2am when he found the body of Jiahao was turning cold. He turned on the light and saw the boy's blood seeped through his clothes.
Despite emergency treatment, the boy was pronounced dead at the hospital. Zheng was sorrowful and regretted his action.
The father had tried to discipline his son in the past, but to no avail and his patience wore out when a teacher complained again last Friday.
"The child is gone. It's meaningless to say anything," he said.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties