Chinese women bodyguards, latest ‘status symbol’ for country’s billionaires!
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
Young women in China are training to be the 'must have' mercenaries or bodyguards to some of the wealthiest people in the country.
There are now at least 300 billionaires and almost 1 million millionaires in China.
For many of them, having women serve as their private protection, not men, is the ultimate status symbol.
Answering this rising demand is Chen Yongqing, who once worked as a bodyguard for superstar Jackie Chan.
According to ABC News, women in his academy Genghis Security in Sanya, Hainan, learn how to put attackers in a headlock, pin them to the ground and deliver a solid right hook.
Despite the physical risk, women from across China want in.
Wang Yalan is one of them. At 24 years, she dropped out of medical school to come and join Genghis.
"I feel like it is my true calling," she said, adding: "It has more of a sense of justice."
Although Wang struggles through almost every exercise, she is one of the many who are happy to pay the hefty 3,000 dollars tuition and follow the rules, meaning no dating until after age 28, the report added.