Chinese women bodyguards, latest ‘status symbol’ for country’s billionaires!
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
Young women in China are training to be the 'must have' mercenaries or bodyguards to some of the wealthiest people in the country.
There are now at least 300 billionaires and almost 1 million millionaires in China.
For many of them, having women serve as their private protection, not men, is the ultimate status symbol.
Answering this rising demand is Chen Yongqing, who once worked as a bodyguard for superstar Jackie Chan.
According to ABC News, women in his academy Genghis Security in Sanya, Hainan, learn how to put attackers in a headlock, pin them to the ground and deliver a solid right hook.
Despite the physical risk, women from across China want in.
Wang Yalan is one of them. At 24 years, she dropped out of medical school to come and join Genghis.
"I feel like it is my true calling," she said, adding: "It has more of a sense of justice."
Although Wang struggles through almost every exercise, she is one of the many who are happy to pay the hefty 3,000 dollars tuition and follow the rules, meaning no dating until after age 28, the report added.