Chitra to head NSE next fiscal
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Chitra Ramakrishna will become the MD and CEO of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) from the next financial year while its current chief Ravi Narain will assume the role of vice-chairman in a non-executive role.
The NSE board on Monday decided that Ramkrishna, currently Joint MD of the bourse, will take charge as MD and CEO with effect from April 1, 2013 for five years. Narain's current tenure as MD and CEO will end on March 31, 2013. He was the Deputy MD for the first six years of the exchange, and the MD and CEO for over 12 years.