Chitra to head NSE next fiscal
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
Chitra Ramakrishna will become the MD and CEO of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) from the next financial year while its current chief Ravi Narain will assume the role of vice-chairman in a non-executive role.
The NSE board on Monday decided that Ramkrishna, currently Joint MD of the bourse, will take charge as MD and CEO with effect from April 1, 2013 for five years. Narain's current tenure as MD and CEO will end on March 31, 2013. He was the Deputy MD for the first six years of the exchange, and the MD and CEO for over 12 years.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly