Chitra to head NSE next fiscal
- Vasundhara Raje admits signing UK papers for Lalit Modi
- Beheading, explosion at factory in France; suspects captured
- US Supreme Court legalises same-sex marriage nationwide
- Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena dissolves parliament eight months before elections
- 5 children dead, 11 injured after tree falls on school bus in Kerala
Chitra Ramakrishna will become the MD and CEO of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) from the next financial year while its current chief Ravi Narain will assume the role of vice-chairman in a non-executive role.
The NSE board on Monday decided that Ramkrishna, currently Joint MD of the bourse, will take charge as MD and CEO with effect from April 1, 2013 for five years. Narain's current tenure as MD and CEO will end on March 31, 2013. He was the Deputy MD for the first six years of the exchange, and the MD and CEO for over 12 years.
Ravi Narain and Ramkrishna have been with the NSE since its inception in 1994.