Chitra to head NSE next fiscal
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
Chitra Ramakrishna will become the MD and CEO of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) from the next financial year while its current chief Ravi Narain will assume the role of vice-chairman in a non-executive role.
The NSE board on Monday decided that Ramkrishna, currently Joint MD of the bourse, will take charge as MD and CEO with effect from April 1, 2013 for five years. Narain's current tenure as MD and CEO will end on March 31, 2013. He was the Deputy MD for the first six years of the exchange, and the MD and CEO for over 12 years.
Ravi Narain and Ramkrishna have been with the NSE since its inception in 1994.