Chitrangada Singh walks the ramp at Lakme Fashion Week
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Dusky beauty Chitrangada Singh looked stunning in a hand woven Rajasthani black kota sari as she walked the ramp for designer at the Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013.
Gaurang, who hails from Hyderabad, presented his collection 'Gulbadan', an amalgamation of Rajasthani kota jamdani weaves and intricate Lucknowi chikankari embroidery.
"It was the first time I wore a completely hand woven sari and I fell in love with it instantly. I love Indian textiles and the craftmanships is beautiful. I am in love with sari again. Though I was reluctant intitially but Gaurang gave me the confidence that I will look stunning and I went for the beautifully black handwoven kota sari," she said.
The designer showcased 16 of his classic hand-woven designs, woven majestically to capture the vibes of the coming summer season. One of the garments was created using 28 metres of fabric.
"Our woven collection at LFW have silhouettes that are flowy and manifold like the rose petals. The flowy dresses reflect grandness with contemporary as well as fashion forward captivating look. We have used 12-15 meters of fabric in each
of our creation," he said.
It took over six months for Gaurang to create the collection since the time he conceptualised the theme.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express