Chitrangada Singh walks the ramp at Lakme Fashion Week
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
Dusky beauty Chitrangada Singh looked stunning in a hand woven Rajasthani black kota sari as she walked the ramp for designer at the Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013.
Gaurang, who hails from Hyderabad, presented his collection 'Gulbadan', an amalgamation of Rajasthani kota jamdani weaves and intricate Lucknowi chikankari embroidery.
"It was the first time I wore a completely hand woven sari and I fell in love with it instantly. I love Indian textiles and the craftmanships is beautiful. I am in love with sari again. Though I was reluctant intitially but Gaurang gave me the confidence that I will look stunning and I went for the beautifully black handwoven kota sari," she said.
The designer showcased 16 of his classic hand-woven designs, woven majestically to capture the vibes of the coming summer season. One of the garments was created using 28 metres of fabric.
"Our woven collection at LFW have silhouettes that are flowy and manifold like the rose petals. The flowy dresses reflect grandness with contemporary as well as fashion forward captivating look. We have used 12-15 meters of fabric in each
of our creation," he said.
It took over six months for Gaurang to create the collection since the time he conceptualised the theme.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'