Chitrangada Singh walks the ramp at Lakme Fashion Week
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Dusky beauty Chitrangada Singh looked stunning in a hand woven Rajasthani black kota sari as she walked the ramp for designer at the Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013.
Gaurang, who hails from Hyderabad, presented his collection 'Gulbadan', an amalgamation of Rajasthani kota jamdani weaves and intricate Lucknowi chikankari embroidery.
"It was the first time I wore a completely hand woven sari and I fell in love with it instantly. I love Indian textiles and the craftmanships is beautiful. I am in love with sari again. Though I was reluctant intitially but Gaurang gave me the confidence that I will look stunning and I went for the beautifully black handwoven kota sari," she said.
The designer showcased 16 of his classic hand-woven designs, woven majestically to capture the vibes of the coming summer season. One of the garments was created using 28 metres of fabric.
"Our woven collection at LFW have silhouettes that are flowy and manifold like the rose petals. The flowy dresses reflect grandness with contemporary as well as fashion forward captivating look. We have used 12-15 meters of fabric in each
of our creation," he said.
- True patriotism requires you to be able to say I am ashamed of my country in certain respects
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?