Choose a card that suits your personality
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
When we talk about credit card usage we find different people managing it in a different way.
Some people are highly disciplined and never default on their payments and others are so messy that they are always on the top of the defaulters list. A credit card provides you a certain degree of freedom and this should not be misconstrued as limitless.
You have to pay back at the end of the free credit period but our impulse shopping instincts sometimes does not listen. To avoid getting into trouble in future it is advisable to understand your credit personality and choose the credit card, which suits you the best.
Let's figure out the kinds of credit personalities that exist and what card they should typically opt for.
You are just out of college in your first job. You never had surplus cash before and hence no financial planning was required. You have never utilised credit previously and you are very taken up with the concept of a credit card. As expected, you are in a hurry to apply for one.
For beginners it's advisable not to go for cards with a high credit limit. Your financial wit has never been tested so better be cautious. This is just the beginning and once you are sure that you can manage your finances well, you can go for credit cards with a higher credit limit.
Example: All banks will provide you with credit cards with low credit limits.
You have been there and done that. You are great at financial planning and almost everything is in perfect shape. You never default on your payments and never spend beyond your means. Reward offers don't alter your spending pattern and you plan every move before executing.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express