Choreographer held for duping model
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
Crime Branch has arrested a choreographer for allegedly duping a new model promising a big assignment.
Officers said Nitish Jain was arrested after model Saira Awasthi lodged a cheating complaint against him on Tuesday.
They said Awasthi received an SMS offer to walk the ramp at an Indo-Japan jewellery show for Rs 2.2 lakh. She accepted.
Jain kept in touch with Awasthi via phone and email. A year later, he called her to meet him at a hotel in Vile Parle (East) on November 8.
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say