Chorus of dissent grows louder
- Putin gets Russia Senate nod to use military in Ukraine
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Varanasi: Rahul woos rickshawpullers, promises better livelihood
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
Rubbishing the claims made by Manna, Bhattacharya on Wednesday said: "Becharam Manna has at least accepted that extortion racket is being run in Singur. He has targeted my youngest son Tushar Kanta Bhattacharya and this is not the first time. During the Singur movement, CPM leaders had made similar allegations. I had inquired into the matter then and also now. But the allegations could not be proved. If Manna can prove the allegations against my Tushar, I would not spare my son and he will be punished."
Despite several attempts, Manna remained unavailable for comment.