Chouhan govt revokes decision on liquor sale
- Australia 79/4, India vs Australia Live Cricket Score and Updates, 2nd Test: Match heads towards exciting finish
- Fisherman shot dead by Sri Lankan navy, protests break out in Tamil Nadu
- Extremist elements also active in India: US travel advisory for its citizens
- Donald Trump signs revised executive order banning travellers from six Muslim-majority nations
- Campaign ends for last phase of voting: Ground falls silent, now it’s up in the air
The BJP government Wednesday revoked the cabinet's decision to allow country liquor shops to sell IMFL with CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan claiming the rollback was dictated by his heart. "Dil ne kaha punarvichar karo (my heart told me to have a rethink)," Chouhan said, adding that the previous decision was "taken by head" with an eye on additional revenue. Between his head and heart the latter won, the teetotaler chief minister said at the party's executive meeting and in the press room of the Assembly.
- Absolutist ideas of truth have been responsible for religious and political violence throughout history
- Indian Ocean regionalism will need India’s impetus, but Delhi does not seem up to the task
- Paranjape’s reading of ABVP’s activism and his facts about the seminar are wrong
- Is UP 2017 merely a repeat of Bihar 2015?
- Medical community’s angst on lower stent prices reveals a serious condition
- The Supreme Court’s recent reading of the law of contempt comes as a welcome relief