Chouhan is rising star, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Praising Shivraj Singh Chouhan as "a truly rising star in Indian politics", former BJP president Venkaiah Naidu on Thursday said the NDA will march to power via Madhya Pradesh.
Speaking at a skill summit, organised by the state government in Bhopal, and later addressing office-bearers at the party headquarters, Naidu hailed the chief minister's development initiatives and said the state had surpassed Gujarat by notching the highest agriculture growth rate in India.
"He is a man of character, capacity, capability and competence," Naidu said of Chouhan. He added that Madhya Pradesh had earned the right to get "a salute from the country by its development and unprecedented achievements".