Christians might end up being slaves in US by 2060: Religious group
- SC slams BCCI over Lodha report: Better fall in line, or we will make you fall in line
- SAARC Summit: Now, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Afghanistan say they won't be going to Islamabad
- To isolate Pak, India pulls out of Islamabad SAARC summit
- Global competitiveness index: India jumps 16 ranks for second time, now at 39
- Shimon Peres, last surviving link to Israel's founding fathers, dies at 93
The American Family Association, a conservative religious group, has warned that by the year 2060, Christians could be treated "like African Americans were prior to civil rights."
It also warned that the family unit as it is known today could be dissolved and the United States of America (US) could have a Muslim president.
The message was written by Donald Wildmon, the founder and chairman of the AFA, the Huffington Post reports.
The AFA was founded in 1977 by Wildmon, who was a pastor in Mississippi at the time. The conservative, anti-gay, anti-abortion group''s mission is "to inform, equip, and activate individuals to strengthen the moral foundations of American culture, and give aid to the church here and abroad," according to its website.
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP
- Preventive detention is being routinised as an instrument of state repression
- The challenge of garbage is set to grow, solid waste management plans need to be implemented
- After Uri, a replay of a 2001 predicament
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump