Christmas celebrated all over Mizoram
- Take our 'successes' to the people: PM Modi tells BJP MPs
- AgustaWestland case: Within days, Haschke and Khaitan joined board of Emaar-MGF
- Pakistan has one month's time to grab F-16 deal: US
- Govt defers Agusta-Tata joint venture; FIPB took decision on April 8, day after Milan verdict
- Coal scam: CBI officer’s note on corruption by colleagues set to enter SC tomorrow
Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ to save the world, was being celebrated all over the Christian-dominated Mizoram peacefully and happily.
The celebrations began from last night with church services and fellowships where the congregation sang Christmas songs, both western and typical Mizo songs composed by the local spiritualists during the past century.
Police officials said that the celebrations of Christmas eve last nigh was completely peaceful and crime-free.
The yuletide spirit was everywhere as Aizawl city wore a festive look with street decoration and lights everywhere.
- Maharashtra’s social contract is fraying. Its political elites cannot comprehend, or handle, the situation
- ‘Masaan’ and ‘Nil Battey Sanatta’ frame the true meaning of empowerment
- Banks must look at rural and semi-urban markets to expand their network
- India must prepare for a potential discontinuity in America’s foreign relations
- Hate campaigns against Christians go unchecked in the Modi regime
- ‘Gurugram’ seeks to return to some imagined monkish moment