Christmas celebrated in Tamil Nadu
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Ashutosh accuses Kapil Sibal of bribing voters; Modi to file nomination from Vadodara today
- Its image dented, and spread too thin, Aam Aadmi Party struggles in Delhi
- Poll panel stares down Mamata
- Amit Shah CD doctored, BJP writes to poll panel
- LS polls: Amid tight security, voting underway in four NE states
Faithfuls in Tamil Nadu thronged churches to celebrate Christmas, the birth of Lord Jesus, with gaiety and fervour.
Dressed in new outfits, young and old attended midnight masses and special prayers held in various churches in the state including the famous Velankanni shrine, Santhome Church in Chennai and many others.
Leaders led by Governor K Rosaiah extended Christmas greetings to the people. He said the preachings of Lord Jesus Christ promote brotherhood, love and compassion.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in her greetings appealed to Christians in Tamil Nadu to take pledge in following the high principles of Jesus Christ on this special occasion.
"Let love and peace prevail across the world promoting brotherhood", she said.
AIADMK leader Karunanidhi also extended his greetings to the people.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move