Christmas celebrated in Tamil Nadu
- Netaji files show family was under observation, intercepted communication hinted at sightings
- Indian fisherman allegedly killed in Pakistan firing off Gujarat coast
- Maharashtra government transfers Sheena Bora murder case to Central Bureau of Investigation
- Another drowned toddler washes up on Turkish beach: report
- Taliban attack on Pakistan base kills 29; 16 die in mosque
Faithfuls in Tamil Nadu thronged churches to celebrate Christmas, the birth of Lord Jesus, with gaiety and fervour.
Dressed in new outfits, young and old attended midnight masses and special prayers held in various churches in the state including the famous Velankanni shrine, Santhome Church in Chennai and many others.
Leaders led by Governor K Rosaiah extended Christmas greetings to the people. He said the preachings of Lord Jesus Christ promote brotherhood, love and compassion.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in her greetings appealed to Christians in Tamil Nadu to take pledge in following the high principles of Jesus Christ on this special occasion.
"Let love and peace prevail across the world promoting brotherhood", she said.