Christmas celebrated in Tamil Nadu
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Faithfuls in Tamil Nadu thronged churches to celebrate Christmas, the birth of Lord Jesus, with gaiety and fervour.
Dressed in new outfits, young and old attended midnight masses and special prayers held in various churches in the state including the famous Velankanni shrine, Santhome Church in Chennai and many others.
Leaders led by Governor K Rosaiah extended Christmas greetings to the people. He said the preachings of Lord Jesus Christ promote brotherhood, love and compassion.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in her greetings appealed to Christians in Tamil Nadu to take pledge in following the high principles of Jesus Christ on this special occasion.
"Let love and peace prevail across the world promoting brotherhood", she said.
AIADMK leader Karunanidhi also extended his greetings to the people.