Christmas celebrated in Tamil Nadu
- Uphaar fire: Ansal brothers walk free, SC rules Rs 60-cr fine adequate
- Bihar battle: Nitish shares dais with Kejriwal, calls Modi desperate
- Suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt sacked, says decision came after 'sham inquiry'
- Students tortured me using interrogation techniques: FTII director
- ACB chief Meena 'not acting in accordance with law': Delhi govt to HC
Faithfuls in Tamil Nadu thronged churches to celebrate Christmas, the birth of Lord Jesus, with gaiety and fervour.
Dressed in new outfits, young and old attended midnight masses and special prayers held in various churches in the state including the famous Velankanni shrine, Santhome Church in Chennai and many others.
Leaders led by Governor K Rosaiah extended Christmas greetings to the people. He said the preachings of Lord Jesus Christ promote brotherhood, love and compassion.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in her greetings appealed to Christians in Tamil Nadu to take pledge in following the high principles of Jesus Christ on this special occasion.
"Let love and peace prevail across the world promoting brotherhood", she said.