Chunky Pandey-Govinda's 'Aankhen' to be made into a sequel
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The makers of 1993 hit film 'Aankhen', starring actors Chunky Pandey and Govinda, have decided to make a sequel of it, to be titled 'Aankhen Char'.
'Aankhen' was directed by David Dhawan and written by Anees Bazmee. The film starred Chunky Pandey, Govinda, Raageshwari, Shilpa Shirodkar and Ritu Shivpuri in the lead.
Produced by Pahlaj Nihalani, 'Aankhen' had Govinda in a double role.
The sequel is set to go on the floors in August this year and is likely to be released this year itself.
"We are making a sequel to 'Aankhen'. It was a big hit. That time the trend of sequel was not there but now is the time and we don't want to lose on opportunity. As the story line of the film was also good and audience liked it a lot, so we will bring 'Aankhen Char' to them hopefully this year," Nihalani told PTI.
The theme of the film will remain the same, only the cast will change, he said adding that the main characters will again be in double roles.
"We are in the process of finalising things for the sequel. The theme will remain same. But the actors will change. We are in talks with some of them but can't reveal anything," he said.
However, Nihalani might rope in Chunky Pandey and Govinda for a special appearance. "Both Chunky and Govinda hopefully will be there in the film in some or the other form," he said.
The film will be directed by Anees Bazmee, who is known for making successful comedy films like 'No Entry', 'Welcome', Singh Is Kinng', 'Ready' and others.
"Anees will be helming the project. It was his story that made the film a huge hit in 90s. So I feel no one other than him would be able to do justice to the project," Nihalani said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express