CICU president dies at 92
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Thousands join Narendra Modi as he begins roadshow ahead of filing nomination from Varanasi
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP registers 24 % in first four hours
Inderjeet Singh Pradhan, president of Chamber of Industrial and Commercial Undertakings (CICU), on Tuesday died after a brief illness. He was 92.
Pradhan also remained chairman of Small Industries Development Board for four and a half years. The board was constituted by the state government. He ran his own unit Nankana Sahib Industries, which manufactures bicycle components. Pradhan and his family had migrated from Pakistan in 1947 after Partition and they had started work from scratch.
He had been president of CICU since 1992 and had been instrumental in getting many things modified for the betterment of industry, said Upkar Singh, joint secretary of CICU.
While the cremation took place in the afternoon, bhog will be held on December 15 at Gurdwara Model Town Extension from 2 pm to 3 pm. He is survived by a son and a daughter.
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’
- Police raids Giriraj Singh's home to arrest him for hate remarks
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police