CICU president dies at 92
Inderjeet Singh Pradhan, president of Chamber of Industrial and Commercial Undertakings (CICU), on Tuesday died after a brief illness. He was 92.
Pradhan also remained chairman of Small Industries Development Board for four and a half years. The board was constituted by the state government. He ran his own unit Nankana Sahib Industries, which manufactures bicycle components. Pradhan and his family had migrated from Pakistan in 1947 after Partition and they had started work from scratch.
He had been president of CICU since 1992 and had been instrumental in getting many things modified for the betterment of industry, said Upkar Singh, joint secretary of CICU.
While the cremation took place in the afternoon, bhog will be held on December 15 at Gurdwara Model Town Extension from 2 pm to 3 pm. He is survived by a son and a daughter.
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Modi’s past
- Autorickshaws in Bangalore to get GPS makeover