CID case against Facebook account in Ajmal name
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi files nomination, says he didn't get personal with Narendra Modi
The CID of Assam Police today registered a case under various provisions of the IPC and the Information Technology Act against a Facebook account purportedly belonging to AUDF president and Lok Sabha member Badruddin Ajmal, and served a notice on Facebook.
SSP (CID) Debaraj Upadhyay said the case was registered on Tuesday, adding that the account had already been blocked.
The CID suspects it is a fake Facebook account in Ajmal's name. It reportedly contained threats to several VIPs, including Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit