CID completes 1000 episodes
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
By Avantika Patil
Sony Entertainment Television long-running series CID, completed 1000 episodes on September 27, 2013. The show has been on air since April, 1997 and has gained a lot of popularity. For the last 16 years, CID has always come up with innovative ideas when it comes to keeping audiences glued to their shows with interesting new cases. Talking about the 1000 -episode completion, producer B.P. Singh said, "I am overwhelmed with the response that the audience has given us. Completing 1000 episodes is really a great achievement for the whole C.I.D team." Ask the producer for the trick of surviving in tough times when it is difficult for a daily to even last for two months or so, he says, "All our audiences relate to the characters and that's why they watch them. Over the years the characters have become much more real for the audiences, even though they are larger-than-life. The tip for a long running and popular show is the connect of the audience to the characters."
Commenting on the serial CID's popularity in the interiors of the country, the producer says, " CID showcases the cases and concepts related to the nook and cranny of India. We make sure that a common man is satisfied with the solution to the problems caused by crime at the end of every episode. All over India, people don't want to go and report to the police because it's not as simplified as you see it on TV. But we still encourage people to take that step."
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2