CID officer ‘caught’ taking bribe in Surat
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
The Anti-Corruption Bureau on Tuesday arrested an assistant intelligence officer of the CID in Surat for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 2,000 from the owner of a private security agency.
As per details, Asharam Tiwari, resident of Panas area in Surat, runs a security service called Ashutosh Security Agency and provides security to the banks and other commercial institutions.
Bakul Chaudhary, assistant officer with CID (intelligence) in Surat, contacted Tiwari to give him details about the security guards working in his firm as part of his job.
According to complaint, the CID officer threatened Tiwari for not updating him about the new recruitments and demanded Rs 2,000 for settlement of the issue. Later, Tiwari contacted Surat ACB office and filed complaint against the CID officer.
On Tuesday afternoon, the ACB officials laid a trap and asked Tiwari to call the CID officer to meet him at SMC party plot in the city for the bribe money. The officer was arrested on the spot and brought to ACB office for further procedures.