CID officer ‘caught’ taking bribe in Surat
- Samajwadi Party row LIVE: Sacked by Akhilesh, Shivpal Yadav now at Mulayam Singh's residence
- Fadnavis surrenders to Thackeray Raj: ADHM set for Diwali release, Guild says no Pak hiring
- Won't hesitate to disrupt and destroy terror forces in Pakistan, warns US
- BSF jawan Gurnam Singh, injured in cross-border fire, succumbs to injuries
- In MNS, BJP sees a partner which can take Sena space
The Anti-Corruption Bureau on Tuesday arrested an assistant intelligence officer of the CID in Surat for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 2,000 from the owner of a private security agency.
As per details, Asharam Tiwari, resident of Panas area in Surat, runs a security service called Ashutosh Security Agency and provides security to the banks and other commercial institutions.
Bakul Chaudhary, assistant officer with CID (intelligence) in Surat, contacted Tiwari to give him details about the security guards working in his firm as part of his job.
According to complaint, the CID officer threatened Tiwari for not updating him about the new recruitments and demanded Rs 2,000 for settlement of the issue. Later, Tiwari contacted Surat ACB office and filed complaint against the CID officer.
On Tuesday afternoon, the ACB officials laid a trap and asked Tiwari to call the CID officer to meet him at SMC party plot in the city for the bribe money. The officer was arrested on the spot and brought to ACB office for further procedures.
- Despite the government’s efforts, Pakistan is not friendless in the world
- The hyper-nationalism of recent weeks reveals the Hindu inferiority complex in the most embarrassing way
- If Pakistan is causing problems for India, why rush to the UK or the US?
- Inside track: Saas, Bahu, Samdhan
- 'Liberals' have moved from attacking triple talaq to an all-out attack on a 'right-wing govt
- Bombay must not be silenced — we're all stakeholders in its ability to speak, sing and dance