CID publishes photo of ‘missing’ Biman
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
Bhattacharjee went missing on June 9, 1992
The CID today published the photograph of Biman Bhattacharjee, a well-known theater artiste and musician who went missing, in several Bengali newspapers.
In the advertisement it was stated that Bhattacharjee went missing on June 9, 1992 from Panditia Road. The CID wanted information on the missing person.
On September 27, Bidhan Bhattacharjee, elder brother of Biman, and All India Legal Aid Forum, a social organisation, requested the Chief Minister to order a fresh inquiry into the disappearance of Bhattacharjee. Bidhan alleged that Congress MP and minister Deepa Dasmunsi was responsible for the disappearance of his brother.
Deepa, prior to her marriage with Priyaranjan Dasmunsi, used to stay at Panditia Road. In 1992, both Deepa and Biman were working in a drama group.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee issued an order in the first week of October to the CID for fresh inquiry in the case.
An official of the CID said that the publication of Bhattacharjee's photograph was part of the ongoing investigation. According to a source in the CID, the agency already talked to a few persons who were closed to Bhattacharjee and collected valuable information on the incident.