CID publishes photo of ‘missing’ Biman
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Bhattacharjee went missing on June 9, 1992
The CID today published the photograph of Biman Bhattacharjee, a well-known theater artiste and musician who went missing, in several Bengali newspapers.
In the advertisement it was stated that Bhattacharjee went missing on June 9, 1992 from Panditia Road. The CID wanted information on the missing person.
On September 27, Bidhan Bhattacharjee, elder brother of Biman, and All India Legal Aid Forum, a social organisation, requested the Chief Minister to order a fresh inquiry into the disappearance of Bhattacharjee. Bidhan alleged that Congress MP and minister Deepa Dasmunsi was responsible for the disappearance of his brother.
Deepa, prior to her marriage with Priyaranjan Dasmunsi, used to stay at Panditia Road. In 1992, both Deepa and Biman were working in a drama group.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee issued an order in the first week of October to the CID for fresh inquiry in the case.
An official of the CID said that the publication of Bhattacharjee's photograph was part of the ongoing investigation. According to a source in the CID, the agency already talked to a few persons who were closed to Bhattacharjee and collected valuable information on the incident.