CID takes over probe, visits spot
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
The owner of the brick kiln, Mujibar Rahaman, told the police that 120 people work under him and on Saturday everyone had left the area around 5 pm.
Politicians make a beeline to village
Meanwhile, a host of politicians from different parties visited the village and met the victim's family.
Trinamool Congress leader and Food and Supply Minister Jyotipriyo Mullick, Congress leader and Union Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dasmunsi and Forward Bloc leader Saral Deb also visited the village.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism