CID wants court to declare accused cops absconders
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
As the dalits of Thangadh are sitting on indefinite hunger strike demanding arrest of accused police officers in the killing of three dalits last month, Gujarat CID (Crime) has moved an application before the magisterial court concerned to declare the accused police officers as absconders. The application has been moved and the magisterial court of Chotila is likely to decide the same soon.
Three FIRs have been lodged against four police officials in the case under the murder and allied charges.
The four include two sub-inspectors, K P Jadeja and Bharatsinh Solanki, and two head constables, Yogesh Gadhvi and Nathubha Andubha. The four have been booked after large scale protest by dalits against their action to kill the three dalits.
However, ever since registration of the three FIRs in the case, the three have not been arrested by CID (Crime). Deputy Superintendent of Police P S Parmar said, "We have been looking for the four but they are not available anywhere. So, on Monday we've moved an application before the Chotila magisterial court under the provisions of the Criminal Procedure Code to proclaim them as absconders."