CIDCO demolishes four-storey illegal structure in Nerul
- Parliament has become an area of combat, says President Mukherjee in I-Day eve address
- Security heightened in all state capitals and major cities ahead of Independence Day
- Little possibility of GST rolling out from April 2016: Piyush Goyal
- Rahul disapproves of police action against OROP protesters
- 'Godwoman' Radhe Maa faces criminal case in Ludhiana for 'hurting religious sentiments'
Five days after an unauthorised building collapsed in Mumbra killing more than 70 people, CIDCO demolished an illegal four-storey structure in Nerul Tuesday.
The building in Shirvane village was being constructed on a 135-square-metre plot belonging to CIDCO by local developer Mahesh Mhatre without permission.
"The building framework was complete. Plastering was yet to be done. We received a complaint and served a notice to the developer on December 31. When he did not respond, we decided to bring down the construction. We regularly keep demolishing such structures," a CIDCO spokesperson said.
"Since the building was under-construction, it was vacant and there were no issues involving tenants," he added.
Forty police personnel were present at the time of the demolition, which was carried out under the supervision of Anil Patil, head of the division that deals with unauthorised constructions in Navi Mumbai.