CIDCO demolishes four-storey illegal structure in Nerul
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR set stiff target for KXIP
Five days after an unauthorised building collapsed in Mumbra killing more than 70 people, CIDCO demolished an illegal four-storey structure in Nerul Tuesday.
The building in Shirvane village was being constructed on a 135-square-metre plot belonging to CIDCO by local developer Mahesh Mhatre without permission.
"The building framework was complete. Plastering was yet to be done. We received a complaint and served a notice to the developer on December 31. When he did not respond, we decided to bring down the construction. We regularly keep demolishing such structures," a CIDCO spokesperson said.
"Since the building was under-construction, it was vacant and there were no issues involving tenants," he added.
Forty police personnel were present at the time of the demolition, which was carried out under the supervision of Anil Patil, head of the division that deals with unauthorised constructions in Navi Mumbai.
Earlier this month, CIDCO had taken action against a four-storey structure on a 300-square-metre plot in Dighe. The plot was part of a 1,500-square-metre reservation.