CIDCO demolishes four-storey illegal structure in Nerul
- Malaysia signals missing plane carrying 239 including 5 Indians has crashed
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
Five days after an unauthorised building collapsed in Mumbra killing more than 70 people, CIDCO demolished an illegal four-storey structure in Nerul Tuesday.
The building in Shirvane village was being constructed on a 135-square-metre plot belonging to CIDCO by local developer Mahesh Mhatre without permission.
"The building framework was complete. Plastering was yet to be done. We received a complaint and served a notice to the developer on December 31. When he did not respond, we decided to bring down the construction. We regularly keep demolishing such structures," a CIDCO spokesperson said.
"Since the building was under-construction, it was vacant and there were no issues involving tenants," he added.
Forty police personnel were present at the time of the demolition, which was carried out under the supervision of Anil Patil, head of the division that deals with unauthorised constructions in Navi Mumbai.
Earlier this month, CIDCO had taken action against a four-storey structure on a 300-square-metre plot in Dighe. The plot was part of a 1,500-square-metre reservation.