CII on Railway Budget-2013
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Chandigarh:CII has called for speedy implementation of the key projects such as a dedicated freight corridor and high-speed rail corridors.CII recommended an upgradation of technology such as automatic block signalling, Train Protection and Warning Signals , black boxes, Train Control Technology and Train Management Systems (TMS). Pikender Pal Singh, Regional Director, CII said, "High velocity bullet trains should start between the metros and Tier-I cities like Chandigarh.
Two killed in Ambala road accidents
Ambala:Two persons were killed in different road accidents involving trucks. Mulkh Raj (40), from Sarangpur was killed when a car hit his bike on the Ambala-Hisar National Highway. In the second accident, an ex-serviceman, Jal Singh, died after his bike was run over by a truck on the Ambala-Dehradun National Highway.