Cinema loses its Forever Young
- 12 players, three new teams, IPL officials and owners named in secret report to SC
- Whoâs probing IM? NIA, Delhi Police stories different: HC
- Modi Pak, US dono ko thhokega: BJP S Delhi candidate
- In Cong bastion Nandurbar, you can sense straws in shifting wind
- Doubts surface over murdered Qateelâs âconfessionâ to police
Dev Anand, Bollywood's evergreen star, who swayed generations of fans as debonair hero and later as a filmmaker in a career spanning 65 years, died here early today. He was 88 years old.
Dev Anand, who had come to London a fortnight ago for rest and medical check-up, died after a cardiac arrest in his hotel room with his son Suneil by his side.
While one report said the actor had died in his sleep, another report said he had complained of chest pain and paramedics had rushed to his room. His body, being kept in a government morgue, will be released tomorrow.
Dev Anand's aide, Mohan, said the actor will be cremated here on Tuesday or Wednesday.
The actor's sister Sheel Kanta Kapur, who lives in Surrey, has arrived in London. His wife Kalpana Kartik, daughter Devina and granddaughter are also expected to arrive in London.
- Panel points out holes in report on trees cut, writes to civic chief
- Man who made hoax calls to Jet Airways acquitted
- Metro not quite a vote puller for people in areas it runs
- Stir ends, BEST postpones new work schedule to June 1
- RBI banks on Bandhan, trusts Kolkata NBFC with rare licence
- Gujarat to SC: Woman knew of snooping, was thankful