Cinema loses its Forever Young
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Dev Anand, Bollywood's evergreen star, who swayed generations of fans as debonair hero and later as a filmmaker in a career spanning 65 years, died here early today. He was 88 years old.
Dev Anand, who had come to London a fortnight ago for rest and medical check-up, died after a cardiac arrest in his hotel room with his son Suneil by his side.
While one report said the actor had died in his sleep, another report said he had complained of chest pain and paramedics had rushed to his room. His body, being kept in a government morgue, will be released tomorrow.
Dev Anand's aide, Mohan, said the actor will be cremated here on Tuesday or Wednesday.
The actor's sister Sheel Kanta Kapur, who lives in Surrey, has arrived in London. His wife Kalpana Kartik, daughter Devina and granddaughter are also expected to arrive in London.