Cinema loses its Forever Young
- NDA falls behind as campaign swings poll towards Nitish-Lalu: Lokniti CSDS pre-poll survey
- Govt hikes excise duty on petrol by Rs 1.6 per litre, diesel by 40 paisa
- Four Mi-25 attack helicopters for Afghanistan: India's bold move
- Pakistan is going to remain a problem for India: Western Army Commander
- Religious places of Muslims, Christians in Odisha should be under state regulating authority: RSS
Dev Anand, Bollywood's evergreen star, who swayed generations of fans as debonair hero and later as a filmmaker in a career spanning 65 years, died here early today. He was 88 years old.
Dev Anand, who had come to London a fortnight ago for rest and medical check-up, died after a cardiac arrest in his hotel room with his son Suneil by his side.
While one report said the actor had died in his sleep, another report said he had complained of chest pain and paramedics had rushed to his room. His body, being kept in a government morgue, will be released tomorrow.
Dev Anand's aide, Mohan, said the actor will be cremated here on Tuesday or Wednesday.