Cinema loses its Forever Young
- Yakub Memon's mercy plea rejected, Sena calls it a message to terrorists
- Ready to discuss Sushma in Parliament, but not Raje, Chouhan: Arun Jaitley
- RS deadlock: Govt ready for debate, Oppn says get your ministers to resign first
- SC rejects Centre's review against scrapping quota for Jats
- Curfew in Jamshedpur after clashes over alleged eve teasing, at least 100 arrested
Dev Anand, Bollywood's evergreen star, who swayed generations of fans as debonair hero and later as a filmmaker in a career spanning 65 years, died here early today. He was 88 years old.
Dev Anand, who had come to London a fortnight ago for rest and medical check-up, died after a cardiac arrest in his hotel room with his son Suneil by his side.
While one report said the actor had died in his sleep, another report said he had complained of chest pain and paramedics had rushed to his room. His body, being kept in a government morgue, will be released tomorrow.
Dev Anand's aide, Mohan, said the actor will be cremated here on Tuesday or Wednesday.