Cinema loses its Forever Young
- Solar scam: Kerala CM Oommen Chandy moves High Court against vigilance court order
- Workplace complaints high with both SC, ST panels
- Bhubaneswar leads Govt’s Smart City list, Rs 50,802 crore to be invested over five years
- Dead whale washes ashore at Mumbai's Juhu beach
- Zika virus is 'spreading explosively', says UN health chief
Dev Anand, Bollywood's evergreen star, who swayed generations of fans as debonair hero and later as a filmmaker in a career spanning 65 years, died here early today. He was 88 years old.
Dev Anand, who had come to London a fortnight ago for rest and medical check-up, died after a cardiac arrest in his hotel room with his son Suneil by his side.
While one report said the actor had died in his sleep, another report said he had complained of chest pain and paramedics had rushed to his room. His body, being kept in a government morgue, will be released tomorrow.
Dev Anand's aide, Mohan, said the actor will be cremated here on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?
- Are we, the people of India, being used by terror?
- New political generation wants democratic socialism, and also economic security
- The Union budget needs to incentivise savings to rescue public sector banks.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph