Cinematographer Bobby Singh passes away
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Ace cinematographer Bobby Singh, who carved a niche for himself in Bollywood through his brilliant work for films like The Dirty Picture, Life in a Metro and Jannat 2, died on Tuesday while taking a Christmas break in Goa.
The 38-year-old was in Goa to celebrate Christmas with family when he suffered a severe asthmatic attack triggered by an allergic reaction after he reportedly ate seafood.
He died on the way to hospital.
Singh, who had an impressive Bollywood run starting with the 2006 movie Gangster to The Dirty Picture in 2011 had recently completed the shoot for Special Chabbis, featuring Akshay Kumar and Anupam Kher, scheduled for release on February 8.
His untimely death has left the industry in a state of shock.
"You could throw up any kind of situation and Singh had the ability to come up with quick solutions," said Neeraj Pandey, director of Special Chabbis.
"Singh was an ideal producer's cameraman, who wouldn't slow things down just to show his own brilliance. He was a cameraman who loomed from the ground, and was a natural. He had a heartfelt approach, and was not bookish," said veteran filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, under whose production banner Singh did the most films.
Singh was shooting Vikas Bahl's Queen in Delhi before he went for the Goa holiday. He is survived by wife Radhika and five-year-old son Sumer.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express