CIPHET celebrates 24th foundation day
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Central Institute of Post Harvest Engineering and Technology (CIPHET), Ludhiana, celebrated its 24th foundation day on Monday. Dr Nawab Ali, former OSD, CIPHET, was the chief guest on the occasion. Dr R K Gupta, Dr S N Jha, acting director, CIPHET, scientific administrative, technical and supporting staff of the Institute welcomed the guest.
In his address, acting director Dr S N Jha thanked the former directors for creating a strong base for the institute. He highlighted that CIPHET has developed large number of prototypes and technologies for post-harvest processing and value addition of agricultural, horticultural and animal produce. These prototypes have helped in reducing drudgery, creating job opportunities, while developing novel products helped in attracting entrepreneurs to set up production units. Dr Jha further informed that CIPHET scientists and staff have received various awards from different organisations/agencies during the year.
- Telangana turmoil likely in Parliament; PM says opposition to bill are hiccups, BJP to take call as per â€˜situationâ€™
- LIVE: Narendra Modi addresses first rally in Mamataâ€™sÂ turf
- Jan Lokpal Bill divides AAP and Cong, threatens Delhi govt
- Chidambaram counters Kejriwal over khap panchayat issue, says such bodies not part of IndianÂ culture