CIPHET celebrates 24th foundation day
- Five pending cases against Congress' Imran Masood
- Rajnath Singh cracks the whip, expels veteran party leader Jaswant Singh for six years
- Black box detector to join missing Malaysian jetliner search
- Sangh along: RSS gears up for door to door campaign in UP
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaswant Singh lashes out at Modi saying BJP is a one-man party
The Central Institute of Post Harvest Engineering and Technology (CIPHET), Ludhiana, celebrated its 24th foundation day on Monday. Dr Nawab Ali, former OSD, CIPHET, was the chief guest on the occasion. Dr R K Gupta, Dr S N Jha, acting director, CIPHET, scientific administrative, technical and supporting staff of the Institute welcomed the guest.
In his address, acting director Dr S N Jha thanked the former directors for creating a strong base for the institute. He highlighted that CIPHET has developed large number of prototypes and technologies for post-harvest processing and value addition of agricultural, horticultural and animal produce. These prototypes have helped in reducing drudgery, creating job opportunities, while developing novel products helped in attracting entrepreneurs to set up production units. Dr Jha further informed that CIPHET scientists and staff have received various awards from different organisations/agencies during the year.