Cisco enters social media platform with Qyuki
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
Technology major Cisco entered the social media platform on Wednesday with the launch of Qyuki, an Indian online social media platform. Film director Shekhar Kapur and Academy award winning composer AR Rahman launched Qyuki.
The platform targets the "unexploited talent in India" in the fields of painting, graphics, photography, music, animation, short films etc. "The platform will emerge as a strong medium that will enable the youth to follow creative instincts of all art forms," said Rahman, co-founder of Qyuki.
"One social media platform is not competing with other and every platform complements the ecosystem. People believed in the idea of Qyuki only because of the success of Facebook," said Shekhar Kapur, co-founder and chairman of Qyuki Digital Media. According to him, the platform has a definitive Indian identity that will help it to differentiate itself among competitors.
"This thinking is really innovative and ahead of its time," said Hilton Romanski, VP and head of corporate business development at Cisco.
Cisco doesn't usually invest in such start-up companies, but since this has the potential to become transformative, Cisco has decided to partner this initiative, Romanski said. Based on its performance in India, Cisco may take this platform to other countries.
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov