CISF to get commando training to guard vessels
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
The Central Industrial Security Force, which got a nod from the Shipping Ministry for deployment on merchant vessels on piracy prone sea routes, will be trained with the Marine Commandos (MARCOS) of the Navy, officials said.
Initially, the state-owned merchant vessels will be given a preference in the deployment process. The CISF is preparing a batch of 150-200 personnel to be deployed on merchant vessels. These personnel will be also trained to cope with 'sea-sickness' and taught international laws and marine science. Before they undergo training, they will face an interview that will determine their mental strength.
- Modi’s Idea of India
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar