- Indo-Pak NSAs meet in Bangkok, discuss terrorism, J&K
- Schools, colleges to remain shut in Chennai; full-scale flight operations to resume tomorrow
- No problem with Kejriwal's odd-even formula, won't mind taking bus to work: CJI
- Screaming 'this is for Syria', man stabs three at London station
- In Delhi, odd-numbered cars to run on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Speed-breakers needed in front of housing societies in Yerwada
The road stretch on the Pune-Ahmednagar highway at Shastri Nagar-Kalyani Nagar intersection near MSEDCL Nagar Road Sub-Division Office has high density, two-way traffic. This is one of the roads leading to Shastri Nagar Colony, Maharashtra Housing Board (MHB) Colony, Park Island Residential Complex, Tridal Nagar Cooperative Housing Society (CHS) and Hermes Homes CHS and Hermes Heritage II & III CHS.
Hermes Homes CHS comprises bungalows and Hermes Heritage II & III CHS has about 60 row houses and over 1,100 residential flats in 46 multi-storey buildings. The total residents in the society may exceed 6,000. On one side of the road, between these two cooperative societies, a multi-storey building to house Sahyadri Hospital, Nagar Road, is nearing completion and may start functioning by April 2013. Once this hospital starts functioning, the traffic on this road will, without any doubt, increase manifolds. On the other side of the Hermes Heritage II&III CHS is a huge commercial building with a banquet hall. The area also has a commercial block with a number of shops, which contribute to the increasing vehicular traffic. Exactly opposite this commercial block is an upcoming residential complex. Though work on the project was suspended last year, once it resumes and the project is completed, the volume of traffic on this road would increase further.
Besides, most residents in the Hermes Heritage II & III CHS own either two or four wheelers, the total number of which may exceed 6,000, and there is a considerable movement of autorickshaws, cabs, vehicles of visitors to the colony and school buses.
There are chances of accidents by speeding vehicles. Freak accidents on this stretch go unreported.
Close to the "Out" gate of Hermes Heritage II & III CHS and near 'N' block of Shastri Nagar Colony, there is a T junction which is prone to accidents at night in the absence of powerful streetlights. The road is used by a a large number of motorists. During peak hours, the two-way traffic is quite frightening.
- Chennai Floods: The burden of bravery
- Paris climate summit underlines progress depends on innovation and global partnership
- MP’s agricultural growth rates offer important lessons for the Centre
- In a divided social milieu, ‘sabka saath, sabka vikas’ is an idle fancy
- AuGrav customised jewellery: All that glitters is now 3D
- Across the aisle: How to lose a friend and alienate people