Citizens, cops thwart kidnap bid
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Alert citizens and cops foiled an alleged kidnapping attempt outside the Cuff Parade Police Station on Saturday morning. At 11.30 am, Anil Thorat, 30, a native of Yavatmal, allegedly picked up a four-year-old boy and began to flee. He was stopped by alert bystanders and policemen. He was arrested and remanded in police custody till January 23, sources said. "We do not know Thorat's motive for kidnapping the child. We are investigating the case and are verifying his background," said Janardhan Kharat, senior police inspector, Cuffe Parade Police Station.