Citizens, cops thwart kidnap bid
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
Alert citizens and cops foiled an alleged kidnapping attempt outside the Cuff Parade Police Station on Saturday morning. At 11.30 am, Anil Thorat, 30, a native of Yavatmal, allegedly picked up a four-year-old boy and began to flee. He was stopped by alert bystanders and policemen. He was arrested and remanded in police custody till January 23, sources said. "We do not know Thorat's motive for kidnapping the child. We are investigating the case and are verifying his background," said Janardhan Kharat, senior police inspector, Cuffe Parade Police Station.