City anchor: 3 of family found dead at home, food poisoning suspected
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Three members of a family were found dead, and three others reported to be critical, in a suspected case of food poisoning and suffocation.
The incident was reported from West Delhi's Nangloi area on Monday morning at the victims' rented accommodation. The victims work as labourers at a factory nearby.
The dead have been identified as Prempal (40), his sons Akhilesh (17) and Vikas (3). Three others — Dev Kali (35), Laxmi (10) and Amit (7) — continue to be critical.
According to police, around 9.30 am, a neighbour alerted police that the six persons were lying unconscious in their house, frothing from the mouth.
A police officer said, "The neighbour had gone to check on the family around 9 am. When they didn't respond to repeated knocks, he peeped through the window and saw the family members lying unconscious. He then sent his son to break open the door. The son managed to break the window and then the iron grill and enter the house."
They found a burnt-out angeethi and some rice lying on the floor. The victims were frothing from their mouths. The police was informed and the six were rushed to Sanjay Gandhi Hospital, where three were declared dead on arrival.
Police said, prima facie, it appeared to be a case of food poisoning and suffocation, since the room had no ventilation, except for the door and a window. "Both these were shut. We have recovered the rice, which was found on the floor, for examination.
No case has been registered in the matter so far as the exact cause of death can be ascertained only after the post-mortem report comes in. The family , police said, were from Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh and have been living in the area for the past three years.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid