City anchor: Bid to translate good intent on social media into real-term work
- Dawood Ibrahim will be nabbed soon: Rajnath Singh
- NEET ordinance gets President Pranab's assent ahead of China visit
- Assam swearing-in today: AGP, BPF may get two berths each in cabinet
- Uttarakhand sting CD case: CM Harish Rawat appears at CBI headquarters
- Amid big red flags, small green shoots point to uptick in economic growth
Voter's registration, generating awareness about present government schemes/ facilities, fighting corruption at the local level are some issues discussed in the meetings. In the Pune meeting, it was decided to form groups to look into the matter of governance and advocacy.
When asked about the often cited observation that in India, people would go for a candlelight march but refrain from voting, Panchal said a tangible change can be seen if the right connections are made.
"In Pune, the hostel for northeast girl students required donations and we ensured that the donors were able to connect to the institutions directly. It is our idea to connect people with the right intention to the right means, which we believe would bring about the changes we wish to see in our society," he said.
- Supreme Court has rightly upheld criminal defamation law
- India’s democratic success is due to the EC, and the triumph of trust over cynicism
- President’s Rule must be abolished. Uttarakhand developments show why
- What President Pranab Mukherjee must say to Beijing
- Tony Cozier loved Caribbean cricket, brought the game alive for millions
- Chabahar test: An opportunity to India?