City anchor: Cook of VIPs, a school dropout earns his Guinness moment
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Babu Maharaj told Newsline on Thursday that he used around 239 kg sugar, 107 kg besan (gram flour), 75 kg ghee and other essential ingredients for making the largest serving of ladoos and around 5,680 were sold during Diwali.
Babu Maharaj, who takes catering orders for wedding functions and other celebrations, is a favourite chef with many noted personalities, including high-profile politicians and artistes.
"Late chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh enjoyed my delicacies, especially 'puri-bhaji'. I was also the head cook during the recent wedding function of Forest Minister Patangrao Kadam. Many film artistes have given me a call when any celebration is planned at their homes," he said, adding that even the Guinness crew relished his delicacies.
Describing Babu Maharaj as honest and hard-working, Poona Merchant's Chamber president Ajit Setiya said the cook had a major role in helping them achieve the feat.