City anchor: Valentine’s Day revellers beware! You are being watched
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Sharp Detective Agency has nine assignments related to V-Day — to be carried out on husbands, wives, girlfriends or boyfriends. "As of today, we have received close to 50 queries for private investigations in Pune. Our Mumbai office has received twice the number of queries. Mostly, the requirement is for surveillance to be carried out throughout the city. The report will be complete with videos and photos," said Gautam Giri, general manager (west), Sharp Detective Agency.
Giri added that the trend of hiring private detectives to watch the movements of spouses and children was picking up in the city.
In most cases coming to the city agencies, however, the subject's age is over 35 years. According to these detectives, Valentine's Day is a perfect time to catch a cheating spouse. This not being a national holiday, working people who are cheating on their spouses tend to take a holiday and spend it with their lovers.
Technology and devices used by the agencies varies from hidden cameras to static surveillance. "It is illegal to shoot videos inside a room as it accounts to breach of privacy. So our method of working is to catch the subject red-handed and inform the respective spouse or parent," said Giri.