City briefs : High court allows Kalaghoda events at Cross Maidan
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Bombay High Court (HC) allowed Friday organisers of Kalaghoda festival to hold music and dance segments at Cross Maidan. The festival starting Saturday will go on till Feb 9. The court was hearing a petition by Kala Ghoda Association after police denied permission to host events at Cross Maidan, saying it was a silence zone. The petitioners produced maps to show the area did not fall in silence zone. They said the event in the evening would not cause disturbance.
Hoax call delays IndiGo flight