City briefs : High court allows Kalaghoda events at Cross Maidan
Bombay High Court (HC) allowed Friday organisers of Kalaghoda festival to hold music and dance segments at Cross Maidan. The festival starting Saturday will go on till Feb 9. The court was hearing a petition by Kala Ghoda Association after police denied permission to host events at Cross Maidan, saying it was a silence zone. The petitioners produced maps to show the area did not fall in silence zone. They said the event in the evening would not cause disturbance.
Hoax call delays IndiGo flight
A bomb threat call received at the airport Friday evening delayed Dubai-bound IndiGo flight 6E 61. Passengers, baggage and the flight were checked. "The flight was later cleared for take-off," said an airport official. An Indigo airlines official said, "Four people missed the flight. We will check whether there is any connection."
- Geelani claims a bunch of lies: BJP
- Why ‘WHO awardee’ Anbumani is the son of his Vanniyar father first in Dharmapuri
- Polls in city four days away, big guns make a dash
- No vacancy for leadership role in party, says Shashi Tharoor
- Rajiv assassination: Karunanidhi questions timing of CJI’s remark
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, Minister says let’s call off trip