City briefs: Event manager held for raping foreigner
- Top BJP ministers attend RSS meet, Opposition questions govt's accountability
- Bharat bandh: Violence, arrest, chaos; one-day strike a 'grand success'
- Indrani, Peter brought face to face, questioned extensively; Sanjeev Khanna's laptop seized
- OROP: Veterans soften stand, may accept pension revision once in two years
- Govt to auction 69 oil & gas fields of ONGC, Oil India to private firms
New Delhi:A 23-year-old Chinese woman was raped allegedly by her friend in Hauz Khas, South Delhi. Tariq Sheikh, an event manager, reportedly met the girl at a private party in Malviya Nagar on Sunday evening and offered to drop her home. The woman said instead of taking her home, Sheikh took her to his friend's place in Hauz Khas and raped her. Sheikh has been arrested.
18-yr-old abducted, raped for 13 days
New Delhi:A 30-year-old man has been arrested for kidnapping, detaining and raping his tenant for 13 days in Laxmi Nagar, East Delhi. The 18-year-old woman told police that her landlord's son, Naushad, abducted her on January 23. She said he took her to a house, where he raped her for 13 days. She told police that she managed to escape on February 3. Naushad has been arrested.
19-yr-old cleaning staff electrocuted in Noida bar
Noida:A 19-year-old man was electrocuted on Thursday morning at an upscale bar in in Noida. Police said Hasan Mandal was part of the cleaning staff at 'Gravity', a bar in Jaipuria Mall in Sector-26. A police officer said, "The incident took place around 2.30 am, after the bar had closed for the night. Mandal was wiping the floor when he came into contact with a live wire under the refrigerator."
Disaster drill conducted in Gurgaon
Gurgaon:A mock drill to test the preparedness for rescue and relief operations to be carried out in Gurgaon was organised on Thursday by Gurgaon Disaster Management Authority (GDMA) and National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA).