City Briefs: Indoor stadium to be complete by October: Officials
- Government issues notification for OROP implementation
- BJP marks strong electoral presence in Kerala civic polls
- Will ensure accountability of each and every penny: PM Modi on 80,000 cr J&K package
- #MarchforIndia rally: Nobody has the right to call our country intolerant, says Anupam Kher
- RSS destroying liberal, secular India: Rahul Gandhi
Officials from the Punjab Sports Department and the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation visited the incomplete indoor stadium on Pakhowal road on Wednesday; the project has been in the works since 2003. On a similar visit in first week of June, Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria had said that the stadium will be complete in a year. On Wednesday, the deadline was further extended by a few more months with officials now claiming that the stadium will be complete by October 2014. MC Commissioner R K Verma was too present on the spot along with Punjab sports officials, architects and MC engineers.
Rotary Club honours senior doctors
Doctor's Day which falls on July 1 was celebrated by Rotary Club Ludhiana Greater at Ludhiana club on Wednesday. Senior doctors who were honoured include Founder Vice -Chancellor of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot and ex-Principal of Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, Dr L S Chawla, senior Ophthalmologist Dr Lajpat Rai, Dr Sunita Ahuja and Dr Jagjit Kaur. Around 100 people from different professions attended the function. Dr Bharti Uppal shared with audience the importance of celebrating Doctor's Day.
- Across the aisle: Win or lose, Mr Modi will be on test in Bihar polls
- Reverse Swing: Narendra Modi's governance is a lost opportunity
- Fifth Column: Bihar’s future vs Bihar’s past
- Out of my mind: What India can learn from Margaret Thatcher on intolerance
- Inside Track: Strained relations
- Bihar polls: Reservations an effort to polarise India’s pluralistic society