City Briefs: Indoor stadium to be complete by October: Officials
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Officials from the Punjab Sports Department and the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation visited the incomplete indoor stadium on Pakhowal road on Wednesday; the project has been in the works since 2003. On a similar visit in first week of June, Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria had said that the stadium will be complete in a year. On Wednesday, the deadline was further extended by a few more months with officials now claiming that the stadium will be complete by October 2014. MC Commissioner R K Verma was too present on the spot along with Punjab sports officials, architects and MC engineers.
Rotary Club honours senior doctors
Doctor's Day which falls on July 1 was celebrated by Rotary Club Ludhiana Greater at Ludhiana club on Wednesday. Senior doctors who were honoured include Founder Vice -Chancellor of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot and ex-Principal of Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, Dr L S Chawla, senior Ophthalmologist Dr Lajpat Rai, Dr Sunita Ahuja and Dr Jagjit Kaur. Around 100 people from different professions attended the function. Dr Bharti Uppal shared with audience the importance of celebrating Doctor's Day.