City Briefs: Indoor stadium to be complete by October: Officials
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Officials from the Punjab Sports Department and the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation visited the incomplete indoor stadium on Pakhowal road on Wednesday; the project has been in the works since 2003. On a similar visit in first week of June, Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria had said that the stadium will be complete in a year. On Wednesday, the deadline was further extended by a few more months with officials now claiming that the stadium will be complete by October 2014. MC Commissioner R K Verma was too present on the spot along with Punjab sports officials, architects and MC engineers.
Rotary Club honours senior doctors
Doctor's Day which falls on July 1 was celebrated by Rotary Club Ludhiana Greater at Ludhiana club on Wednesday. Senior doctors who were honoured include Founder Vice -Chancellor of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot and ex-Principal of Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, Dr L S Chawla, senior Ophthalmologist Dr Lajpat Rai, Dr Sunita Ahuja and Dr Jagjit Kaur. Around 100 people from different professions attended the function. Dr Bharti Uppal shared with audience the importance of celebrating Doctor's Day.