City Briefs: Indoor stadium to be complete by October: Officials
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Officials from the Punjab Sports Department and the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation visited the incomplete indoor stadium on Pakhowal road on Wednesday; the project has been in the works since 2003. On a similar visit in first week of June, Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria had said that the stadium will be complete in a year. On Wednesday, the deadline was further extended by a few more months with officials now claiming that the stadium will be complete by October 2014. MC Commissioner R K Verma was too present on the spot along with Punjab sports officials, architects and MC engineers.
Rotary Club honours senior doctors
Doctor's Day which falls on July 1 was celebrated by Rotary Club Ludhiana Greater at Ludhiana club on Wednesday. Senior doctors who were honoured include Founder Vice -Chancellor of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot and ex-Principal of Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, Dr L S Chawla, senior Ophthalmologist Dr Lajpat Rai, Dr Sunita Ahuja and Dr Jagjit Kaur. Around 100 people from different professions attended the function. Dr Bharti Uppal shared with audience the importance of celebrating Doctor's Day.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2