- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
58-year-old woman killed after being hit by motorcycle
Chandigarh:A 58-year-old former government school teacher was killed by a motorcycle near the Airport light point on Monday.
Kamlesh Kumari was crossing the road when the incident occurred. The motorcyclist fled, leaving the injured woman on the road. The victim was taken to Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32, where doctors declared her dead on arrival. Kamlesh had retired as a teacher in UT Education Department in May 2012. Gaurav Johri, the deceased's son, said the motorcyclist hit his mother when she was supervising the construction work of their house near the Airport light point. The police arrested the accused identified as Sandeep, a resident of Patiala, and booked him on charge of rash driving causing death.
Don't hike lease amount: Chandigarh Club members to UT Advisor
Chandigarh:Fearing a manifold increase in the lease amount by the UT administration, members of the Chandigarh Club, Sector 1, met acting UT Advisor Satya Gopal and submitted a memorandum to him. The two-page memorandum mentioned that the club was already paying a high amount in terms of lease money annually and, therefore, there should not be any hike in the lease amount.
Rs 25,000 stolen from wine shop, no case yet
Chandigarh:A theft of Rs 25,000 has been reported from a liquor shop in Sector 49, but the police are yet to register a case as they have doubts about the complaint. The Station House Officer of Sector 34 police station, said, "When the theft happened, there were four people sleeping in the wine shop. No broken glass or locks were found from the spot. Also, the shop had costly wines and none is stolen." Police are yet to acquire a CCTV footage of the wine shop.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer