- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
One in every 10,000 kids has cancer: Expert
Ludhiana:Dayanand Medical College in collaboration with Arpita Cancer Society organised 'PHOCON-2012', the 16th annual paediatric haematology oncology conference, here on Friday. According to organising chairperson Dr Daljit Singh, one in every 10,000 children in India is affected by cancer. The reported incidence of childhood cancer has increased in India over the last 25 years.
Sports day organised at Dr R C Jain School
Ludhiana:The sports day for pre-primary and primary wing of Dr R C Jain Innovative Public School, Narangwal, was held on Friday. Students from play group to Class V participated in events such as sack race, three-legged race, hurdles, lemon and spoon race, fun races, 50-metre race and musical chain. Vice-principal Jasbir Bal gave away medals to the winners.