- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
One in every 10,000 kids has cancer: Expert
Ludhiana:Dayanand Medical College in collaboration with Arpita Cancer Society organised 'PHOCON-2012', the 16th annual paediatric haematology oncology conference, here on Friday. According to organising chairperson Dr Daljit Singh, one in every 10,000 children in India is affected by cancer. The reported incidence of childhood cancer has increased in India over the last 25 years.
Sports day organised at Dr R C Jain School
Ludhiana:The sports day for pre-primary and primary wing of Dr R C Jain Innovative Public School, Narangwal, was held on Friday. Students from play group to Class V participated in events such as sack race, three-legged race, hurdles, lemon and spoon race, fun races, 50-metre race and musical chain. Vice-principal Jasbir Bal gave away medals to the winners.