- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
Road carpeting starts in Hallomajra
Chandigarh:The much delayed work for carpeting of a road at Hallomajra finally started on Sunday. BSP MP Narendra Kashyap inaugurated the work in presence of other BSP leaders and officials of the Municipal Corporation. The work on the road had not been undertaken since the village was transferred to the MC. Area councillor Jannat Jahan-ul-Haq assured that with the start of work in the area, the remaining roads in the ward would also be carpeted soon.
Fountain inaugurated in Sector 32
Chandigarh:Mayor Raj Bala Malik inaugurated the newly installed circular cascading design fountain in Sector 32 green belt on Sunday. The fountain installed at a cost of Rs 30 lakh has 68 lights which give a variety of effects to the cascading layers. Area councillor Heera Negi was present along with other councillors and officials of the civic body.
Dr Rattu awarded Hindi Literature Shiromani Award
Chandigarh:Renowned Hindi author and Media expert Dr Krishan Kumar Rattu was on Sunday awarded with prestigious Shiromani Litterateur Award 2011 by the Punjab Language Department. In a ceremony held at Punjab Bhavan, Chandigarh, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Education Minister Sikander Singh Maluka presented a citation, shawl and a cash award of Rs 2.5 lakh to Dr Rattu.
Proper diet can raise child's IQ: Expert
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully