- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal on dharna against attack on Bharti; Modi to file nomination from Varanasi
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- SC to frame rules to snip govt ads
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Modi urges youngsters to vote; Medha Patkar alleges money distribution by parties
Gang of thieves held, electronic items seized
Ludhiana:Police on Thursday arrested a gang of thieves which was operating in Dugri and the surrounding areas. Electronic items like laptops, mobiles, computers were recovered from the houses of the thieves. The accused, who are fond of body building, include Arjun Kumar from Punjabi Bagh Colony, Gaurav Kumar from Parkash Colony, Parveen Kumar and Ravi from Dad village and Moti Bagh areas. The absconding thieves include Ladi Sanjay Kumar, Rohit Kumar and Pappu.
Give one increment to staff: Maur to PAU
Ludhiana:D P Maur, former president of PAU Employees' Union and general secretary of Joint Council of Trade Unions, Ludhiana, has appealed to the PAU authorities to grant at least one increment to its employees on the occasion of its golden jubilee as they have contributing a lot to bring the green revolution. He said the PAU employees had not got their arrears either in May 2011 or in May 2012.
Water polo: Two local boys represent state
Ludhiana:Abhishek Sharma of DAV Public School and Abhishek Kang of Sacred Heart Senior Secondary School were part of the Punjab water polo team which won the bronze medal in the 58th National School Games held in Pune from November 21 to 25.
GADVASU scientists get top honors
Ludhiana:Dr Harish Kumar Verma, professor-cum-head, Department of Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension Education, Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (GADVASU), has been awarded prestigious fellowship by Indian Society for Study of Animal Reproduction (ISSAR) for his contribution to the field of animal reproduction for over three decades. Dr Navdeep Singh, Department of Veterinary Gynaecology and Obstetrics, got the Young Scientist award in clinical case presentation, co-authored by S P S Ghuman, A Anand and P S Brar.
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’
- Police raids Giriraj Singh's home to arrest him for hate remarks
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building