- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
Gang of thieves held, electronic items seized
Ludhiana:Police on Thursday arrested a gang of thieves which was operating in Dugri and the surrounding areas. Electronic items like laptops, mobiles, computers were recovered from the houses of the thieves. The accused, who are fond of body building, include Arjun Kumar from Punjabi Bagh Colony, Gaurav Kumar from Parkash Colony, Parveen Kumar and Ravi from Dad village and Moti Bagh areas. The absconding thieves include Ladi Sanjay Kumar, Rohit Kumar and Pappu.
Give one increment to staff: Maur to PAU
Ludhiana:D P Maur, former president of PAU Employees' Union and general secretary of Joint Council of Trade Unions, Ludhiana, has appealed to the PAU authorities to grant at least one increment to its employees on the occasion of its golden jubilee as they have contributing a lot to bring the green revolution. He said the PAU employees had not got their arrears either in May 2011 or in May 2012.
Water polo: Two local boys represent state
Ludhiana:Abhishek Sharma of DAV Public School and Abhishek Kang of Sacred Heart Senior Secondary School were part of the Punjab water polo team which won the bronze medal in the 58th National School Games held in Pune from November 21 to 25.
GADVASU scientists get top honors