- Earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north india
- Modi sarkar on right track to bring 'achche din': LK Advani
- Army officer injured in encounter with militants in J&K's Kupwara district
- Modi in Malaysia: Religion should be delinked from terror, says PM
- US 'will not relent' in Islamic State campaign, says Barack Obama
Mock quake drill at Infosys IT park
Chandigarh:The National Disaster Management Authority conducted an earthquake mock drill at Infosys in IT Park today evening. The aim of this mock drill was to check the functioning and response time of external emergency departments involved in the disaster management including the Fire and Emergency Services, Police, Health Department, Response team of NDMA, Disaster Management etc.
Sensitisation programme by health department
Chandigarh:The Integrated Disease Surveillance Project Cell of UT-Chandigarh organised a sensitisation training program for Medical Officers of various health facilities from the area. Doctors from various public sectors as ESI Hospital-Ramdarbar, Civil Hospital Manimajra, Civil Dispensaries under Municipal Corporation and Health Department UT-Chandigarh, Health Centre of PGIMER, GMCH were sensitized regarding Epidemic Control.
Single-window panel holds meet
Chandigarh:Single Window Committee Meeting was held today and chaired by Balbir Singh Dhol, PCS, Director of Industries to redress the day to day demands/grievances of the industrialists and tenants. The key issues discussed in the meeting were related to unscheduled powers cuts, non-functioning of street lights, construction of sub-way connecting Industrial Area, Phase I & II, Chandigarh, facilities of drinking water at truck parkings constructed by the Administration, regular water supply in Industrial Area, regulating traffic at parking lots, deployment of police for security as well as traffic control.
Software launched to put census data on the web
Chandigarh:Director Census Operations T N Bindhyeshwari today launched the software "CensusInfo Module" in the workshop "India in Transition – An Insight from Census 2011 Data" at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Public Administration, Sector 26. The United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD), in partnership with UNICEF and UNFPA, has developed this software package – CensusInfo – to help disseminate census data on the web and CD-ROM.
Two cases of theft reported
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance
- Slogans should be backed with appropriate strategies, else they remain showbiz
- Ideas seem to be the BJP’s enemy, whether from within or from without
- No country is ready to send boots on the ground, thus ensuring the survival of the IS
- Bad monsoon memories
- Across the aisle: A flat growth rate indicates India's economy is in poor shape