- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress moves EC over Modi's roadshow in Varanasi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: 40 per cent electorate caste vote in first seven hours
Man arrested for molesting IT firm employee, friend
A 25-year-old employee of an IT company and her friend were allegedly molested by a 36-year-old man on Wednesday evening. The Hinjewadi police arrested the accused immediately after the incident. Police said the complainant was walking on a road in Wakad with another girl, a student, and two male friends around 8 pm when the man, Kashinath Ramu Khandekar, came from behind and molested both girls. Senior inspector Satish Devre said: "The two male friends caught hold of Khandekar and called the police. Our team reached the spot and arrested him. We suspect that he was drunk, but are yet to get his medical examination report."
Boy flying kite falls off 4th-floor terrace, dies
A 12-year-old schoolboy died after he fell off the fourth floor of an under-construction building in Vadgaonsheri while flying kite on Thursday evening. The Yerawada police have identified the boy as Adinath Kadam, a resident of Vadgaonsheri. His father Mohan Kadam works in a hospital. Police said Adinath had gone to the terrace with no protective walls. While flying kite, he went to a corner and fell down, sustaining "severe and multiple injuries". He was declared dead on arrival to hospital. A case of accidental death has been registered.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling