- Rs 870 crore money trail: Why the Bhujbals are under scanner
- SC allows 'Make in India' event at Mumbai beach, PM to inaugurate
- Pawar defends Bhujbals, says Fadnavis govt indulging in vendetta politics
- Anupam Kher a great artiste, welcome to visit Pakistan: Abdul Basit
- Indian helicopters helped war against militants in Afghanistan: US General
Daughter-in-law held for murder of NRI Balwant Kaur
Ludhiana:Ludhiana Police on Thursday solved the murder of NRI Balwant Kaur who was found dead in her home on January 1. As per police, the daughter-in-law Amandeep Kaur, murdered Balwant as the deceased was in the habit of asking details of expenditure from her daughter-in-law was reason of murder.' A heated argument a day before murder for Rs 1.5 lakh was allegedly the main reason behind the murder. Assistant Commissioner police Swapan sharma said, "The accused has been given a one-day police remand."
Don't fall for political pressure, do your work: Mayor
Ludhiana:In A special meeting called by Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria on Thursday, the mayor directed all the officials of the building branch to 'ignore political pressure and just do the work' as per prescribed norms. A source present at the meeting, told Newsline, "Mayor has clearly told officials to simply ignore the political pressure in taking action against illegal buildings and issuing challans."
Aide of DTO clerk falls unconscious, stable
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism