Daughter-in-law held for murder of NRI Balwant Kaur
Ludhiana:Ludhiana Police on Thursday solved the murder of NRI Balwant Kaur who was found dead in her home on January 1. As per police, the daughter-in-law Amandeep Kaur, murdered Balwant as the deceased was in the habit of asking details of expenditure from her daughter-in-law was reason of murder.' A heated argument a day before murder for Rs 1.5 lakh was allegedly the main reason behind the murder. Assistant Commissioner police Swapan sharma said, "The accused has been given a one-day police remand."
Don't fall for political pressure, do your work: Mayor
Ludhiana:In A special meeting called by Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria on Thursday, the mayor directed all the officials of the building branch to 'ignore political pressure and just do the work' as per prescribed norms. A source present at the meeting, told Newsline, "Mayor has clearly told officials to simply ignore the political pressure in taking action against illegal buildings and issuing challans."
Aide of DTO clerk falls unconscious, stable
- With 20 per cent web penetration, concerns over net neutrality seem elitist in India
- Raghuram Rajan’s instrumental view isn’t as full a defence of tolerance as we need
- Indian economists working on agriculture is worryingly low
- Centre-state cooperation efforts need to be strengthened
- India-Africa summit opened up space to reinvent an old relationship
- To reform tax policy, government must think about it more clearly