- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
Daughter-in-law held for murder of NRI Balwant Kaur
Ludhiana:Ludhiana Police on Thursday solved the murder of NRI Balwant Kaur who was found dead in her home on January 1. As per police, the daughter-in-law Amandeep Kaur, murdered Balwant as the deceased was in the habit of asking details of expenditure from her daughter-in-law was reason of murder.' A heated argument a day before murder for Rs 1.5 lakh was allegedly the main reason behind the murder. Assistant Commissioner police Swapan sharma said, "The accused has been given a one-day police remand."
Don't fall for political pressure, do your work: Mayor
Ludhiana:In A special meeting called by Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria on Thursday, the mayor directed all the officials of the building branch to 'ignore political pressure and just do the work' as per prescribed norms. A source present at the meeting, told Newsline, "Mayor has clearly told officials to simply ignore the political pressure in taking action against illegal buildings and issuing challans."
Aide of DTO clerk falls unconscious, stable