- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: DD steady but slow
Shivam shines for St Anne's School
Fine half-centuries each by Shivam Sharma (78) and Jaideep (54) guided St Anne's School, Sector 32 to a 90-run win over Mount Carmel School, Sector 47 in a league match of the Sr. Alberta Memorial Cricket Tournament on Friday. Batting first, St Anne's School, Sector 32 posted a total of 211 for 3 in the allotted 20 overs. Shivam Sharma played a knock of 78 runs while Jaideep contributed 54 runs. Chasing the stiff target, Mount Carmel School were bundled out for a total of 121 runs in 19 overs. Anantbir was the main scorer as he played a knock of 28 runs. For the winning team, Karan Bansal claimed two wickets for four runs while Utkarsh claimed two wickets for six runs. In the second match of the day, Baptist School scored a 35-run win over Manav Mangal School.
Brief score: St Anne's School : 211 for 3 in 20 overs (Shivam Sharma 78, Jaideep 58, Jobanpreet 2 for 17), Mount Carmel School : 121 all out (Anantbir 28, Karan Bansal 2 for 4, Utkarsh 2 for 6); Baptist School : 159 for 8 in 20 overs (Manan 40, Ritik 28, Saurav 3 for 22, Abhimanyu 2 for 20), Manav Mangal School : 124 all out (Anmol 31, Nikhil 3 for 20, Harsh 2 for 29).
SAI trials on the anvil
The trials for the admission in the Sports Authority of India's extension centre at Panjab University, Chandigarh, for the three disciplines, badminton, gymnastics and swimming will be held on the university campus on February 13 and 14. The selection will be held in the 12 to 18 age group and the state and national positions holders are eligible for the trials. It's a day boarding scheme and apart from coaching, the selected players are eligible for a playing kit and an annual stipend of R6,000. The trials for the extension centre at Chakwal National Senior Secondary School, Kurali, for the weightlifting discipline will be held on February 7 and 8. Dates for other trials: Residential schemes: STC (Sports Authority of India Training Centre) Bilaspur (for boys): Boxing on January 14 and 15. STC Dharamshala (for girls): Athletics on January 15 and 16. STC Badal (for girls): Athletics and shooting on January 21 and 22. STC Mastuana Sahib, Sangrur (for boys and girls): Boxing on January 22 and 23. STC Ludhiana (for boys only): Athletics and judo on January 23 and 24.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18