- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Varun Gandhi to file nomination; Kejriwal arrives in Varanasi
MC removes unauthorised hutments
Chandigarh:The enforcement wing of the Municipal Corporation, Chandigarh, on Friday removed unauthorised hutments in pocket number 8 in Manimajra and adjoining areas. The enforcement team removed around 60 hutments in pocket no 8, new Indira colony, 10 hutments near Subhash Nagar in front of the police station and a few from near the near railway crossing. Two JCB machines and the police force were involved in the demolition drive.
Film on TB wins CSIR contest
Chandigarh:A video film directed and produced by Dr Jayanti Dutta, Deputy Director, Academic Staff College, Panjab University and her team was selected for the first award in the Short Video Competition - 2013 organized by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Open Source Drug Discovery (OSDD) and Vigyan Prasar (VP). The competition was on the need for new drugs for tuberculosis.
The award included a citation, a trophy and cash prize of Rs 50,000 and was conferred in the Rashtriya Vigyan Chalchitra Mela held in the 100th National Science Congress at Science City, Kolkata. The film was chosen out of 180 competing films. The other members of the team included Atman Roy, Anandi Roy, Gurjeet Kaur and Sumangal Roy.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi