- Congress fields local MLA Ajay Rai from Varanasi to take on Modi, Kejriwal
- Kejriwal slapped again, second attack in last four days
- Mamata Banerjee relents; agrees to EC directive on transfer of officers
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Mamata Banerjee seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from Election Commission
Pitampura shootout: One more arrested
New Delhi:A suspected cattle thief involved in the January 19 shootout in Outer Delhi was arrested from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Monday. Tasleem (25) had fled after the shootout with Delhi Police in Pitampura on Saturday, in which one of his associates was killed and four others were arrested, they said. "He (Tasleem) was arrested on Sunday. He hails from Ghaziabad," a police officer said.
Fast track court acquits rape accused
New Delhi:A 38-year-old man, accused of kidnapping and raping a girl, has been acquitted by a fast track court after the alleged victim deposed that she had lodged the complaint against him under duress from her family. The judgment was passed by one of the special fast track courts set up in Delhi to exclusively try cases of sexual offences. ASJ Yogesh Khanna let off the Faridabad resident saying "nothing incriminating" had been said against the accused by the girl or her parents in their statements to prove the charges against him.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city