- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Pitampura shootout: One more arrested
New Delhi:A suspected cattle thief involved in the January 19 shootout in Outer Delhi was arrested from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Monday. Tasleem (25) had fled after the shootout with Delhi Police in Pitampura on Saturday, in which one of his associates was killed and four others were arrested, they said. "He (Tasleem) was arrested on Sunday. He hails from Ghaziabad," a police officer said.
Fast track court acquits rape accused
New Delhi:A 38-year-old man, accused of kidnapping and raping a girl, has been acquitted by a fast track court after the alleged victim deposed that she had lodged the complaint against him under duress from her family. The judgment was passed by one of the special fast track courts set up in Delhi to exclusively try cases of sexual offences. ASJ Yogesh Khanna let off the Faridabad resident saying "nothing incriminating" had been said against the accused by the girl or her parents in their statements to prove the charges against him.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?