- Why didn't Pak raise Kashmir at Ufa: Rajnath on cancellation of NSA talks
- Still No.1: Usain Bolt claws back, just in time
- Narendra Modi not a liar but Rahul is, says Smriti Irani in Amethi
- OROP demand: Union Minister VK Singh's daughter joins protest at Jantar Mantar
- What is Modi trying to achieve? Kejriwal on AAP MLA's arrest
Commitment to hospital reaffirmed
DY CM Ajit Pawar held a meeting of senior BMC and health officials Thursday during which the commitment to improve Shatabdi Hospital, Govandi, was reaffirmed. "We will improve Shatabdi Hospital, so that people living nearby get getter health care," Additional metropolitan commissioner Manisha Mhaiskar said. Politicians of all parties have criticised the state government for failing to upgrade infrastructure at the civic hospital that caters to one of the poorest and minority dominated areas. The upgrade was promised four years ago. The 210-bed facility built in 1982 to cater to 5 lakh people is the only public hospital for the 10 lakh-plus residents of Govandi, Deonar, Mankhurd and Trombay.
Brother of Bigg Boss contestant arrested