- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
Commitment to hospital reaffirmed
DY CM Ajit Pawar held a meeting of senior BMC and health officials Thursday during which the commitment to improve Shatabdi Hospital, Govandi, was reaffirmed. "We will improve Shatabdi Hospital, so that people living nearby get getter health care," Additional metropolitan commissioner Manisha Mhaiskar said. Politicians of all parties have criticised the state government for failing to upgrade infrastructure at the civic hospital that caters to one of the poorest and minority dominated areas. The upgrade was promised four years ago. The 210-bed facility built in 1982 to cater to 5 lakh people is the only public hospital for the 10 lakh-plus residents of Govandi, Deonar, Mankhurd and Trombay.
Brother of Bigg Boss contestant arrested
Bandra police arrested Thursday Kamal, elder brother of Bigg Boss contestant Akashdeep Sehgal, for allegedly forging documents of a bungalow he has been staying in for the past 15 years and claiming to be its owner. Police said owner Sumer Singh came to know that Kamal (42) had forged documents of the bungalow behind Gaiety Galaxy multiplex in Bandra and lodged a complaint. Kamal was produced before a court and remanded in police custody for two days.